- Overall Length: 39.5 inches.
- Barrel Length: 19.5 inches.
- Weight: 7.5 pounds.
- Action: Straight Pull Bolt Action.
- Caliber: 8x56R Austrian/Hungarian.
- Magazine Capacity: 5 rounds from a clip fed magazine.
- Rifling: 4 Groove, Right Hand Twist.
Circle T = Barrel made of an Improved Steel
Double Headed Eagle = Austria 1935-1938
Double Triangle/Bowtie Mark: Unknown, possibly inspector mark after rebarrel.
Availabilty of ammuntion is low. Most of
the surplus 1938-1940 ammunition has dried up or has gone sky high in
price. A box of 10 could be had just a year ago for $2.50. That same
box now cost $12.00 or more.
I have started to reload 8x56R using cast bullets.
Bullet: Lee C329-205-1R
Primer: CCI 200 LR
COL: 2.858 (Will be trying to seat out longer to attempt to increase accuracy)